So today after I had figured out what kind of block I wanted to do for the 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee I started on the blocks for my Bee Mates. Go Hive #3!!!
This was my test block in my colors to see if what I was thinking would transfer into an actual block. I LOVED it but…. it was too small. By like 1/2 an inch. Grrr..
So I came back about a week later and decided to thicken the strips to make it wide enough. When I was pulling scraps for the first block, greys and greens, I realized that if I did 6 strings that were thicker I wouldn\’t have enough fabric of the ones I wanted to use, hence the altered pattern. I still think it looks good and it was quicker so I guess it\’ll work for now.
This one is for lel6419 (Laura). I cut the fabrics for KvarnAnna (Anna\’s) black/grey/white today and will finish that one tomorrow.
2 thoughts on “3×6 Bee Blocks in Progress!”
What an interesting block! I really like the test one — it's too bad you couldn't just graft a little on the end. :}
I like both blocks, but I also really like the test one, boo for shortness!